Wednesday 4 November 2015

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

In a moment of wild optimism, on 9th October I signed up to the Bath Half Marathon.

On the 10th October I fell over and sprained my ankle.

For the third time in five months.


And then I got a chest infection.

Not the most auspicious start to my running regime! However, today I officially began my training and I did a very steady 30-minute session of running/walking intervals. My GPS on my Runtastic app failed (again. I need a new running app.) so it recorded 0 miles, but making educated deductions from my route, my time and my step-counter I did between 2.5 and 3 miles.

I walked the sections most leaf-covered, to avoid another fall, and stuck to the least hilly section of the neighbourhood that I could, to go easy on my ankles. I also had the best possible running companion:



She's tough but fair, keeps me motivated, encourages me to run faster and further, and she certainly makes me feel safer running after dark! She is the perfect mix of an adorable friendly softy who looks tough enough to stop people from hassling me. 

That's my brief first training update - I Have Begun. I signed up, and I started training despite a long day in work, and the dark, and my ankles, and the persistent remaining symptoms of my chest infection.

You can sponsor me here! I'm raising money for Mind, who do amazing work.

I Have Begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment